Saturday, February 2, 2008

You can see right through him...and he flies.

Last year I lived with a few guys out in Mira Mesa. We all bonded really well, went on various adventures, experimented with various oatmeal recipes, had a petting zoo in the backyard we charged admission to, practiced our golf swing in the front yard, colored on the walls with crayons...you know, normal guy things.

All except one. The mysterious, elusive roommate no one ever met, and rarely saw. Many of my friends refuse to believe he exists, but I am here to prove you all wrong, and myself right, once and for all. I have seen him. I have proof. After months of trying I was finally able to get photographic evidence.

The other day I was at Rolando's house (the place I used to live), and while he was showing me how to make better use of my camera, I saw something move in the hallway behind us. I fumbled with the camera, raised it to my face, ripped off the lens cap, and as he was climbing the stairs snapped this picture:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
wait for it...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
wait for it...
.
.
.
.
.



I expect no more doubts from any of you.

4 comments:

me said...

that's hilarious, don't know how to believe that's THE roommate. Not that I have any idea what you're talking about, though it sounds vaguely familiar. That could be anyone. Nice try though.

I love the image of you scurrying to get your camera poised for this shot, that's great

oh, and I don't know your gmail address.

Unknown said...

JJ....hmmm I dont know about that. First of all....the picture is from the back....so I cant see his face. How do I know thats not jim?! and if that REALLY is JJ....that is definitely not how I pictured him!! oh well. maybe someday. who am i kidding....i will NEVER really see JJ

Anonymous said...

i have NO idea what you are talking about, but i totally laughed. what a hilarious picture. rolando is so happy, too.

Lisa Goe said...

HA HAH HAAHAHAH...wait a second i'm choking..HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. From the backside he looks like that cartoon guy from that show...err..the hill...over the hill....a hillbilly...oh that was brilliant.